Tuesday, December 4, 2012

DIY Evergreen Accents


Last year, I put together this blog post for some friends and family.  I apologize, I don't have step by step pictures {maybe next year there will be time!}.  Regardless, I wanted to share this idea and how easy it was to achieve!  Stop spending a bundle of money on Christmas decorations you can easily make for yourself.

****************************************************

A chance trip to Hobby Lobby put me smack dab in the middle of a Christmas sale of 50% off everything.  For $30, I made all of the pieces you see here.
I was able to make two of these and hang them above our couch.

Materials:
Evergreen Branches {Used:11 total}
Cranberry Accents
Table-Top Christmas Tree Ornaments
Hot Glue Gun and Glue
Green Floral Wire
Ribbon

Instructions:
1.  To create a your basic shape, use the green floral wire and hot glue to attached the evergreen branches to each other.  I have a tendency to over use floral wire, but I like to be absolutely sure the branches won't separate.  Using the hot glue allows you to create a shape to the evergreens without having to bend the branches (see the walkway accent above).

2.  Next... use your imagination.  Lay out all of your materials and become inspired.  Do a dry-run of material placement to get the look you like and then hot glue your little heart out.  Remember that the hot glue will melt plastic materials, so work quickly but very carefully.

3.  Use floral wire to create a hook on the back of your pieces and hang using a 3M Command Hook {love these!}


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

 
Blogging tips